Marketing Strategy > Marketing Action Plan
How a Go-to-Market Plan Can Accelerate Sales?
A B2B marketing plan is an important step in developing a successful lead generation process
Testimonials“Gil developed the marketing plan for a mobile business application. His quick grasp of the salient points of a high-tech product was remarkable, and as a small company we greatly appreciated his ability to develop and implement an effective plan using innovative and cost-effective means to wring the greatest impact from a limited marketing budget. His professionalism and loyalty were much appreciated.”
Julian Tuck, CEO, Epicad
Composing a go-to-market plan is the best way to implement a successful business marketing strategy. This will ensure that separate campaigns will be well-integrated with one another and that they will all project the right marketing message. Think of the B2B marketing plan as a roadmap to recruit new clients — the essential purpose of any business.
A comprehensive go-to-market plan should include:
- Target Market(s) Definition - What segment(s) would find your product/ service most beneficial, while addressing their greater needs and immediate expectations. A good strategic marketing plan will allow you to recognize and act on trends and client profiles that fit with your company’s solution.
- Competitive Analysis - Understand what major factors differentiate your solution versus other solutions in the market.
- Positioning Strategy - Present a clear message to prospects, so that they realize immediately why they need your solution and why it is better than others.
- Marketing Action Plan - Prepare an action plan that provides you exposure to the ultimate target audience. Give your prospects a reason to contact you and ask for more information about your solution. This plan will maintain the relationship with your prospects until they become paying clients.
Marketing Plan as a Sales Accelerator
A B2B marketing plan must be practical and focused in order to produce results. Here are some tips for creating an effective plan:
- Be focused - It can be tempting to widen the scope of the target market, but this is actually counter-productive. A marketing plan will yield much better results if it is geared towards a specific and relevant target audience.
- Make it clear - In today’s reality, it is hard to stand out from the competition. When prospects evaluate the best solution for them, they must understand in a split second why to choose your product/ service over another.
- Personalize - When planning your marketing tactics always address different types of personas. This will allow you to customize your campaigns to meet specific needs and attract relevant new contacts.
- Measure results - The more you monitor the campaign performance, the better you are able to reach improved results.
- Remain realistic - The strategic marketing plan helps you aim for and reach achievable goals and implement tactics that convert into client leads.
Ultimately, a business marketing strategy should exist as a dynamic document to guide lead generation campaigns. For the marketing plan to work, each campaign result must serve as a learning experience. When lessons are learned, they should immediately be incorporated into the next campaign. With constant updates to your plan, you’ll always have an effective marketing strategy.