Subscribe to our RSS Feed
- Content Writing Services
- Customer Experience
- Attend business conferences
- B2B Lead Generation
- B2B Marketing
- B2B Marketing Strategies
- B2B Social Media
- Bulk Email Marketing Campaigns
- Business Collaboration
- Business Development Strategy
- Business Marketing Planning
- Business Sales Presentation
- Business Strategy
- Client Retention
- Competitive Marketing Analysis
- Content Development
- Content Development Marketing
- Content Development Marketing
- Content Development Services
- Content Writing Services
- Corporate Branding Identity
- Corporate Branding Strategy
- Customer loyalty
- Distribution Channel
- Financial Assistance
- Global Marketing
- Go International
- Industry Articles
- International Marketing
- Lead Nurturing Client Acquisition
- Logo Refresh
- Market Slowdown
- Marketing Action Plan
- Marketing Evolution
- Marketing Resources
- Measure ROI
- Media Coverage
- New Marketing Strategies
- Organic Search Engine Optimization Services
- Paid Search Engine Marketing
- Pull Makreting Strategies
- Pull Marketing Strategies
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Consultant
- Social Media Marketing
- Social Media Strategy
- Strategic Partnership
- Successful Business Model
- Website Audit
- Website Content
- Website Conversion
- Website Conversion Optimization
- Website Design
- Website Optimization Strategies
Published on Wednesday 13th of April 2016
Is it time for new SEO best practices? Google recently made drastic algorithm changes. Here are a few Google SEO directions:
- Focusing less on individual keywords
- Rewarding better quality and authentic content
- Assessing web usability and performance
- Relying on established online reputation
We chose the top 5 search engine optimization tips to assist you in getting your site ranked high.
1. Ensure Proper Website Coding
Keywords no longer play as crucial a role in SEO as they used to. Regardless, your site must maintain a lexical correlation between the following:
- Web page’s title
- Meta description
- Header (H1)
These elements need to be unique and should describe the page well. Make life easier for Google’s search engine when it is differentiating between content and code. The more you use structured data methodologies, the better your website will rank.
Finally, ensure your coding is errorless to avoid search engine crawling failure.
This alone is not enough to achieve high SEO ranking. All the same, these are mandatory prerequisites for all optimization efforts!
2. Post Unique Content
One of the top SEO practices for 2016 is to write quality content. Google likes to index sites that offer valuable information in answer to specific questions. As such, Google looks at pages to see if they provide a good answer to a frequently searched question.
This means that Google is now after long-tail keywords and highly readable content. For example, “What is SEO”. Long-tail content consists of:
- Short sentences
- Words with two syllables
Google chooses to feed selected content into its Direct Answers box at the top of the search results or into its knowledge graph box on the top right (see examples below).
When searching “what is SEO”, a Google box appears on the top with a definition taken from a highly ranked page.
Google Knowledge Graph: when you search for a term such as “Direct Objective Consulting”, Google will display a box on the top right, providing all the key information about the company.
3. Create a Positive User Experience
SEO ranking is no longer based only on your site’s design and content. Instead, Google is looking to understand how readers react to your website. The more positive experience your site projects the more likely your efforts will further online lead generation.
Here are some things Google looks into:
- Do readers spend a long time on your pages? (Time on site)
- What links do users click on? (Click-through rate)
- What is your website’s performance?
- Is your site mobile-ready?
4. Integrate Social Media
Social media plays a major role in our life today. Google knows this and looks at how accepted a brand, product, or service is based on its social presence. It is essential to integrate social media into your website. Google will then be able to see traffic coming and going from your social channels.
5. Build Your Online Reputation
This is the most difficult practice to achieve. In a way, your online reputation will grow over time. But only if the other SEO best practices are well implemented.
We should aim to constantly increase our authority in our fields. You can do so by:
- Referring to domains with an established online reputation in your business area, or
- Serving as a source of reliable information in a specific area of interest.
Here's the bottom line: strive to become the authoritative source in specific subject matters related to your business.
As we have seen, SEO best practices have changed quite dramatically. But as long as you keep these tips in mind, you will see results. Start by error-proofing your website code, then focus on creating original content. Offer a rewarding user experience and incorporate social media. Over time, your online reputation will grow.
Contact us today for more advice on implementing 2016’s SEO best practices.
Published on Tuesday 22nd of November 2011
Today, your website is often the first place where your potential client finds you; it is your first impression. This means that you must ensure that your website is effective. So how could you know whether your site is effective or not? Here are some criteria you can use when assessing your website’s performance:
- Are you receiving enough inquiries? Whether they come through the traditional contact form on your site, or through other online marketing tactics, the real question is does the amount of online inquiries satisfies your sales pipeline? Assuming that you receive a hefty amount of traffic to your website, do you manage to convert them to prospects or they move on to the next site?
- Of the inquiries that do originate online, are they serious and relevant prospects? The content and design of your website attracts a specific audience. Are they the potential clients that you are looking for? or are those inquiries a waste of time for your salespeople?
- Do you know who visits your site and where they’re clicking? Most companies settle for anonymous web traffic. But what if you were able to identify a potential client in real-time, track their Web activity, and start a dialog to better understand their level of interest?
Phases to improve your Website Effectiveness:
- Collect information regarding visits to your website (requires installation of web analytic tools that would collect specific information)
- Analyze the data and deduct what elements in your website drive the most potential clients
- Optimize your Website SEO and usability
Optimization and website usability are often thought of as two independent facets of a website, but in reality this is never the case; a well-planned online strategy takes both into account together, and makes sure that one supports the other. It is true that search engine optimization plays a greater role in getting potential clients to a site, while usability is more focused on keeping them there—but this is changing. Google is constantly updating its ranking algorithm, and more recently one of the important aspects that Google takes into consideration is what your visitors think about your site. What is counted as important? What brings value to the visitor? In order to learn this, Google uses web analytics information to help define the ranking of your website. Thus, it is no longer enough to place a few keywords here and there, expecting your Web site will be ranked high. You need to invest in your website’s usability.
For more information on how content can affect your business’s image and exposure, read our more detailed website content development section. If you would like to understand the benefits of good Web design, and just how it can help you find clients, look at our website design resource.
Contact Direct Objective today to see how we can assist you in adjusting your website to effectively draw more potential clients. Our vast experience in website usability and optimization will allow you to bolster your online presence and create an effective website.